It's amazing to think how much Reagan has changed these past few months! She's getting very big, weighing in at 14 pounds, 8 ounces on October 2! She is very alert now and very aware of everything around her. We have even caught her staring at her own photo on the fridge and smiling at herself. Vain, but cute! She is holding her head up really well, and is smiling all of the time. And she's grabbing at more things, like her toys over her playmat or mommy's or daddy's shirt, and holding onto them when she can- she's got quite a grip! She's also become more and more vocal. She loves to coo back and forth with us, or she'll just "talk" by herself. She makes the cutest expressions while she is doing it, like she's really trying to tell a story or something.
I also got my first giggle last week while putting on her jammies! I think she's ticklish around her neck and the back of her arms, because she got all squirmy and just let out a big giggle. It was the most wonderful sound! I still haven't been able to capture it on video, but I'll be sure to share once I do.
In September, she had her first babysitting experiences at her grandparents (Donegan & Kinsella) during Anne Collier's wedding and she did wonderful. Of course all of the grandparents LOVED it, and she seemed to have a great time. We also celebrated daddy's birthday by going out to lunch with Grandmom & Granddad Dawson at The Retreat in Liverpool which was a lot of fun.
The last weekend in September, all three of us went up to Old Forge to see the foliage and then spent the night at the camp. It was great to be up there and the leaves were beautiful, though not quite peak when we were there. She loves being outdoors, and she seemed really happy. Only one bedroom has heat, so she had to sleep in the same room as us. She did keep us up a bit with her "grunting" but we did manage to get some sleep. At home, she is still a great night sleeper. She goes to bed around 7:30 and will sleep through to 6ish (most nights). It's wonderful!
I went back to work on September 28, which was very, very hard. My mom and dad are taking turns watching her until our daycare opens up which is absolutely wonderful. It is tough enough to leave her, so knowing that she is home safe and sound and happy with them has definitely made it easier. I also come home at lunch to see her and am not working on Fridays, so I really have a great situation. But it is hard to get used to being away from her.
Now we look forward to all of the fun fall activities in October!
View Third Month Photos
Welcome to blogging! ;) Love the photos. And the arm rolls -- looks like Reagan is trying to keep up with "big boy" Cooper. She is so cute!
ReplyDeleteHi Kacey. I found you on jaimes blog. mine is on there too... hope you don't mind. your daughter is beautiful!! and so are you! congrats mama!
ReplyDelete